Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm in need of some advice for me dad. He has a 2016 Elite. Car has <28k miles. We are the original owners. He was driving it yesterday and suddenly the CEL came on. Power steering error, lane keep error, and a bunch of errors showed up on the MID.

I took his car to Pep Boys and it looks like the error code was P0302, which from research is misfire in cylinder 2. The car otherwise drives like normal.

I found service bulletin 18-025. His VIN qualifies for this and error code. Is this the fix I'm looking at? Is this covered under emissions/powertrain warranty?

I also found an updated version of the above --- 19-072, but that bulletin calls for P0430 IN ADDITION to the P0302 code. Don't think that'll apply in that case.

What's the best way to approach this? We don't have any extended warranty. The car was purchased in Feb 2016.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Lots of info on this. IMHO- do not start by throwing money at an engine that runs fine.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yes - still original battery
Search the forum posts about replacing the original battery. Many 16 and 17 owners have switched out theirs and the errors were gone. It’s about time for replacement as most batteries, unless tendered will need replacement after 4 years. Especially with last year 2020 with vehicles parked for weeks/months at a time during state shutdowns.

Hope it helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
A friend of mine had a similar problem. At one point, the sensors lit up. My first thought was to buy a new engine)) We did a car vin search with Epicvin, looked at all the possible problems, and indeed, changing the battery helped.

Reactions: EFICTION
1 - 7 of 7 Posts