Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cooler install has been complete. All I'll say is this is the day I want to forget, pretty miserable installation experience overall. I was so exhausted and pissed that I didn't bother to change out the filter. Probably will get back to change the filter in a few thousand when it's time for ATF fluid. Anyhow, drove for 40min or so (anywhere from 30 to 60mph) in different traffic - temp never went above 162F (granted it's around 70day - cold front hit houston last night). I'll be monitoring temps as I pile the miles and will report back. And for those still wondering - OEM cooler fits FWD just fine, same pre-drilled holes in same locations.

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Cooler install has been complete. All I'll say is this is the day I want to forget, pretty miserable installation experience overall. I was so exhausted and pissed that I didn't bother to change out the filter. Probably will get back to change the filter in a few thousand when it's time for ATF fluid. Anyhow, drove for 40min or so (anywhere from 30 to 60mph) in different traffic - temp never went above 162F (granted it's around 70day - cold front hit houston last night). I'll be monitoring temps as I pile the miles and will report back. And for those still wondering - OEM cooler fits FWD just fine, same pre-drilled holes in same locations.
Good job.. I did an initial ATF change when I did the cooler.. second on my trip out.. need to do third when it's a bit warmer.. hopefully tomorrow..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good job.. I did an initial ATF change when I did the cooler.. second on my trip out.. need to do third when it's a bit warmer.. hopefully tomorrow..
I was thinking about changing the fluid as well but I just had 2 D&F done 3K ago. I've got plenty of DW1 sitting in the garage so can do a flush no problem. What you think?Should I?

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you are doing the towing also consider the D&F on your rear differential (check your fluid if DPF or VTM4). My '19 had factory maintenance light to change at about 10k miles. I did it again later knowing I was doing some towing. Also the front has differential with it's own drain and fill plugs. I think it's about 1qt of gear lube mine was clean like the rear diff. The tranny fluid is a different story. Search my posts, I posted pics maybe in the '15 section wherever NailGrease and others had tranny stuff with cooler etc. We had many good posts including that factory bypass in the filter they said didn't exist 😉.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts