Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i’am buying a used Pilot soon and noticed on the Carfax of this particular vehicle that the Knock senor was replaced at 65,000 miles. Is this a deal breaker? The cars computer was rechecked at 68000 with no additional repairs. The Pilot currently has 930000
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
Knock sensors do fail occasionally on all vehicles so I wouldn't worry about it. Also the 2016 has extended warranties on the fuel injectors and the start/stop button now which are more common issues.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,177 Posts
It could have been replaced due to rodent damage. That is why I replaced mine. They also do fail on their own; average life span is ~150k miles.

If you’re pretty certain you’ll purchase it, give the engine compartment wiring a thorough looking over. Then take it to your trusted mechanic for a full pre-purchase inspection.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
2021 Honda Pilot Elite- Sapphire Steel Metallic 7P (gray) Delivery Date: 11-14-20
77 Posts
I think the intake plenum officially has to come off to replace the sensor although some people claim to replace it with fancy custom wrenches on some versions of this engine. If the sensor has been playing nice on the car for 25,000 miles, I'd say i'ts fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Would not hesitate because of the sensor. Give it a thorough test drive. If it feels and sounds right and no CEL's its fixed an no worries. If you can't get a full mechanic inspection, make sure you scan it to ensure that all systems were fully cycled (seller isn't just clearing the CEL/Codes before showing the car).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts