Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the Voice Portal on our 2016 Honda Pilot Touring is stuck in an endless loop. It prevents one from listening to music and pulses the speed of the HVAC fan, most likely adding undue stress on the mechanics of the system. Anyone have any ideas on how to remedy?

See video below-

·
Registered
9 Posts
if you're comfortable, start by disconnecting both pos and neg battery terminal and jump the battery cable only (isolated from the battery) to drain the system for about 10 min. this usually fixes alot of glitches on the vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@tekken thanks for this suggestion, it worked flawlessly.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that cars these days are just big computers and occassionally need a good reboot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just some follow-up here. So the dealer replaced the switch panel on the steering wheel, the problem went away for about a day and then returned. On a lark, I unplugged the cigarette lighter which fed a dashcam after it was displaying an error on the camera, and the problem with the voice prompt went away. Now if I plug in the cigarette lighter again the problem returns. Somehow the cigarette lighter is connected to the electronics of the car or causes interference or something else that triggers the voice prompt issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just some follow-up here. So the dealer replaced the switch panel on the steering wheel, the problem went away for about a day and then returned. On a lark, I unplugged the cigarette lighter which fed a dashcam after it was displaying an error on the camera, and the problem with the voice prompt went away. Now if I plug in the cigarette lighter again the problem returns. Somehow the cigarette lighter is connected to the electronics of the car or causes interference or something else that triggers the voice prompt issue.
Man, you are a genius! I had this issue after plugging in my Halo Bolt. After unplugged, no looping voice prompts. Thanks a million!?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It seems the Voice Portal on our 2016 Honda Pilot Touring is stuck in an endless loop. It prevents one from listening to music and pulses the speed of the HVAC fan, most likely adding undue stress on the mechanics of the system. Anyone have any ideas on how to remedy?

See video below-

I am not sure from the video what kind of issue you have. I had a problem that the system couldn’t recognize any voice command. Took it to a dealer and they missed it and said was working fine. I asked the service advisor to show me how it was working before driving it home. He couldn’t get it to work. However after trying many ways, he recommended todo a factory reset on the system. Finally it worked after reset. But all preset places was lost. If your issue is like this, try to reset the head unit. Hope it helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts