Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just hit 44K miles on my 2016 Honda Pilot Touring SUV......now beginning to have mechanical/electrical problems:
  • Heater not blowing hot air
  • Front control display has begun going blank...intermittent
  • The front windshield has developed a crack - not caused by exterior debris (rocks, gravel, etc.), it's internal. Dealer tells me that its an internal "Stress Crack" caused by an uneven metal surface or small burr on the mounting surface....Honda will fix this while under the standard warranty (3 years old / 36K miles)....BUT he states that it will be a difficult to persuade them to cover this, as my car is 4 years old and has 44K miles.......contacted Honda corporate office...waiting for a return call..... NOT WHAT I EXPECTED WHEN SHELLING OUT 50K for a Honda......after 4 Hondas, this may be my last....too many problems are happening way too soon!

Crossing my fingers that Honda will make this right....

1/14/2021 update......After discussions with Honda corporate, the agent admitted that they have manufacturing problems... metallic bumps embedded in the windshield mounting area, which over time, protrude through the gasket and exert stress at each protrusion point on the windshield glass and eventually exert enough pressure to cause the glass to crack. His main concern was inquiring if I'd purchased the extended warranty (I had not). Upon hearing this, he reused to offer ANY SOLUTION! Merely added that this model MUST HAVE A GENUINE HONDA WINDSHIELD INSTALLED IN ORDER FOR THE HAZARD WARNING FEATURES TO FUNCTION! According to him, HONDA QA HAS STILL NOT ADDRESSED THIS Q PROBLEM! So much for "Honda Quality"...........this will be my last HONDA, as their corporate managers have no respect for their customers!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Is it just one vent with the heater issue, or is it all of them? If it's just one, then it might be the blend door actuator going out which is a small $25 part.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts