Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attempted to install the latest 2021 navigation GPS update from Garmin in my 2016 Honda Pilot Touring and received the following message once I selected "Update Maps" from the car menu:

"There is not enough space on the device to install the map update from the USB storage device"

"Please contact your dealer or service center"

Can anyone provide any details as to what I might be able to do to get more storage? I really cannot stand having to take a vehicle to the dealer for anything. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Do you have anything installed on the head unit? Maybe Honda Hack which allows installing other apps? If so uninstall all that.

Otherwise you can free up some room (not much) by doing a factory reset, which wipes out saved items such as destinations, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have anything installed on the head unit? Maybe Honda Hack which allows installing other apps? If so uninstall all that.

Otherwise you can free up some room (not much) by doing a factory reset, which wipes out saved items such as destinations, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing other than what was on there when purchased. If I do the reset will it affect phone settings at all such as speed dials etc.?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.