Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You need to talk to a tire shop about this. A responsible tire shop won’t sell you size that would not meet safety, not to say your size is not safe. Sorry not much help.

·
Registered
736 Posts
There are some good tire size comparison sites on line where you can input different size tires to see how much difference there is between them. Here is one example I used from Tire Size Comparison

The width of the new tire seems to be the biggest change, everything else looks like it would work well as a different size to use. I don't have any idea how much wider you could go with no problems such as rubbing, etc.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Two of us thought so and tried to provide an answer to what we believe he or she was asking. Remember that perhaps English is not everyone's first language, or that communicating on line may be a difficulty for them.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just want to chime in regarding my Michelin Defender LTX tires. I put them on at 24k miles over 2 years ago. Currently I'm at 64k miles and I still have in between 7/32 -8/32 tread life on them. I drive like an animal and I love the torque vectoring around corners. Best tires I've ever owned for this type of vehicle! Can't recommend them enough. I've never hydroplaned nor slipped much in snow. They give me all the confidence in the world. If you have the money, do yourself a favor and buy them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you're looking for a set of new wheels (rims and tires) I have some input as to the maximum width and offset. I have 10" wide rims with 35mm offset and 285/45 tires. It's does scrub against the inner plastic wheel arch when in reverse and full lock on the steering. So with 10" rims, don't go lower than ET40 (offset) and stick to maximum 275/45 tires and all shall be fine.

·
Registered
437 Posts
265/45R20

any suggestion folks if possible RIMS as well

I went with a set of 255/55R20 Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring tires on mine & have had zero clearance issues. You just need to be aware that your speedometer is going to read slower than actual speed when going with a tire that is any larger in circumference. These make my speedometer read around 4% slower than actual speed. I personally wouldn't want any wider or taller tires than these mounted on stock rims for this vehicle... I did a writeup on the tires if you're interested. Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

1 - 9 of 9 Posts