Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi- in April, we had the hood latch repair done on our Honda Pilot. The day we had it done was cold; no problems. The temperature was warmer the next day, and when we turned the car on after driving for about a half hour, all the sensing system alerts came on (adaptive cruise control, lkas, collision mitigation, road departure mitigation). Since then, whenever the temperature is over 50 and/or the car has been driving for a half hour or more and then is restarted, all the alerts come on and stay on. Has anyone else had a problem after getting the hood latch repair done? Or is it just a very odd coincidence? I took it in right away to have it looked at, but the codes didn't really return anything. It's in the shop today to get the timing belt replaced, so they're going to try to diagnose the sesing problem as well, but it will cost us. Just checking to see if anyone has any wisdom for what they should look for. Thanks!

·
Registered
476 Posts
The hood latch recall is a relatively simple procedure that adds a bracket to the hood striker. Most likely a coincidence. Probably the camera failing when warm but you need a tech to diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Don’t think it’s common but the functions rely on the camera. If it were the radar sensor not sure LKAS would be disabled. It’s just a guess, you need to have a tech diagnose and repair. What repair was required for the recall? Did they have to replace the hood?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply. I think they just replaced the latch, and yes- they say it is a camera problem. Super weird. The car has less than 100,000 miles on it. Stinks that a $900 part would go bad so soon. sigh

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's an electronic part so mileage doesn't apply. What matters is that it's gone thru 6 years of living outdoors winter and summer.
I guess that makes sense, even though it's the inside camera. Wide temperature swings and all that. If I'd known how sensitive it was, we probably wouldn't have paid extra for the sensing system. Now we know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts