Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone out there has a head unit wiring diagram for a 2016 LX. I would like to install an aftermarket head unit.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
If you are serious on replacing the stock head-unit, I would not use any of the stock wiring. Leave the stock head in place, add a nice single Din head-unit. Run all new power, ground, speaker wire, hidden antenna and new speakers.

I wouldn't even mess with the stock unit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are serious on replacing the stock head-unit, I would not use any of the stock wiring. Leave the stock head in place, add a nice single Din head-unit. Run all new power, ground, speaker wire, hidden antenna and new speakers.

I wouldn't even mess with the stock unit.
I am serious about replacing it, I'm not leaving that stock pos in there. AVH 4200NEX is what I'm going to replace it with.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Trust me I understand the problems with Honda's stock radio, I also know what it's like dealing with removing the stock radio. Honda insists on adding so much non-radio crap going through the radio.

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/19-audio-electronics/32406-2012-exl-stereo-build.html
Didn't look that closely at the LX, but since there is no screen on that radio, I'm pretty sure it is just a radio and doesn't have any of the other vehicle controls that EX and up models have on their head units.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am serious about replacing it, I'm not leaving that stock pos in there. AVH 4200NEX is what I'm going to replace it with.
Hello, long time lurker here first poster here. I am looking at doing the exact same thing once I take delivery of my 2017 Ridgeline, (same radio as LX Pilot) If you pull the trigger can you detail the install. My primary concerns are the backup camera not being functional with the aftermarket head unit, and also, the steering wheel controls not being functional.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone had the guts to do this yet? I absolutely hate this stereo system and want something usable. We don't care even care about the steering wheel controls... we will use the stereo.

Our concern something breaking. The only noticeable integration wth the car is the phone number shows up on the dash display... whoopee. And the side mirror and rear cameras.

My plan is to remove the radio and see what breaks for a week or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts