Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Apologies as this question may have already been asked. I am new and searched through the forums for this and am not sure if there is a special tool to rest my Car's Caliper/Piston after a brake change.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Huy

·
Registered
733 Posts
Do you mean how do you push the piston back in when you change the pads? If so the service instructions say to use a Brake Caliper Piston Compressor 07AAESEPA101. Since it doesn't appear that you have to rotate the pistons back in like some vehicles, you could just use a C-clamp and the old pad to push against.

If you are asking if there is a reset of some sort once the pads have been changed, I don't believe there is other than bedding the brakes in.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Hi,

Apologies as this question may have already been asked. I am new and searched through the forums for this and am not sure if there is a special tool to rest my Car's Caliper/Piston after a brake change.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Huy
Have you ever changed a cars brakes? You always need a caliper tool to push the piston back in after new brakes. You can typically rent it for free from autozone if you purchase the pads from them. A c-clamp will sometimes work as well or just remove the pressure from the lines and you can push it back easily but you may need to bleed the brakes afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts