Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, everyone

A couple of years ago someone posted the LX head unit wiring on a thread titled "2016 Pilot LX head unit wiring" That was a while back and it looks like he may not be active any more so I'm wondering whether anyone else has something similar for the EX (non-nav). Or if anyone has ideas where to look for it. i'm attempting to fit a cannibalized EX head unit into an LX. I realize that a lot of things wont work (or aren't applicable) and that i could probably get better functionality with an aftermarket unit, and that i should have just bought an EX if i wanted an EX radio so bad, so i need not be reminded of those things. ? This is about the challenge of seeing how far i can get with the project.

Searching the forums, it looks like a few folks have asked about doing this, but no one has replied whether or not it can be done. So even if i can't make it work it, i can at least post my experience on the question.

thanks, dave

·
Registered
466 Posts
Here the wiring for the 2017. Should be same.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much! Looks like about 60% of it matches, but it would require a lot of rewiring to make the rest of it work. i least i have a definitive answer to the question of DIY retrofitting an EX head unit into an LX. ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts