Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a used pilot. It has 142,000 miles. What kind of maintenance should be done to the vehicle? There is very little records recorded with the car fax. I figured a transmission flush, transfer case, rear diff service is a must. What do you all think?

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
248 Posts
Do you know if the timing belt has been replaced? If not, I would replace it ASAP.

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
Timing belt #1. Was it replaced at 105k?
There are specific instructions on how to change the ATF on a 9-speed transmission. Not a flush. Drain and fill by these procedures.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Just purchased a used pilot. It has 142,000 miles. What kind of maintenance should be done to the vehicle? There is very little records recorded with the car fax. I figured a transmission flush, transfer case, rear diff service is a must. What do you all think?
The following post will give you an approximate idea of what maintenance should have been done and/or is now needed:
Maintenance Minder - Updated

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,296 Posts
Have you gone to the Honda Owners site registered, you will need the VIN# and checked the records Honda has for the vehicle? Carfax won't always get all the basic maintenance records, but if the maintenance was done at a Honda Dealer it should be there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts