Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My 2016 started having an issue with all these lights coming on one after the other, check engine light, TSA, light, hill start, power steering light all come on. Which seems quite strange all these happen at once. I took it to auto zone and the only code they can read is the check engine light which says cylinder 5 misfire, but could that cause all these other lights to come on? Also they dont have a cylinder layout for a 2016 honda pilot EX-L... I replaced the middle front spark plug as I took a stab at some of the older pilot cylinder layouts but issue still happens.. I can erase the codes and about a week later all the lights come back. Anybody run into this before? Also does somebody have a cylinder layout for the 2016 Honday Pilot?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Original battery or has it been replaced?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Non original battery, had to replace battery about 2 years ago as it died. It starts up just fine.. Do you think it could be battery?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Search the forum for "fuel injectors" and you will find others with similar lights that came on and the injectors needed replacing. Depending where you live and how many miles on the car, Honda has done the repair for free. YMMV

Here is a link for the service manual a member was kind enough to post. Use the link in the first post

Service Manual

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Search the forum for "fuel injectors" and you will find others with similar lights that came on and the injectors needed replacing. Depending where you live and how many miles on the car, Honda has done the repair for free. YMMV

Here is a link for the service manual a member was kind enough to post. Use the link in the first post

Service Manual
Oh man that sucks as I am at 119k miles...so fuel injectors would make power steering and TSA light come on as well?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Oh man that sucks as I am at 119k miles...so fuel injectors would make power steering and TSA light come on as well?
Unfortunately, yes they can cause those lights to come on. Check your battery first though like it was mentioned above by someone else. Check the injector posts also to learn more

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello

My 2016 started having an issue with all these lights coming on one after the other, check engine light, TSA, light, hill start, power steering light all come on. Which seems quite strange all these happen at once. I took it to auto zone and the only code they can read is the check engine light which says cylinder 5 misfire, but could that cause all these other lights to come on? Also they dont have a cylinder layout for a 2016 honda pilot EX-L... I replaced the middle front spark plug as I took a stab at some of the older pilot cylinder layouts but issue still happens.. I can erase the codes and about a week later all the lights come back. Anybody run into this before? Also does somebody have a cylinder layout for the 2016 Honday Pilot?
Hello

I think there is a recall on this situation it happen to my 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L. When i first bought the car it had these messages popped up on my dash board too and i told it back to Honda and all they did was replace the brake switch and it fixed the problem.

FCAN BUS WARNING FAILURE
NHTSA RECALL NUMBER:15V-668
MFR CAMPAIGN ID:JV7
CAMPAIGN DESCRIPTION:FCAN BUS WARNING FAILURE
RECALL DATE:10/15/2015
RECALL STATUS:17 Character VIN Required
SUMMARY:
AMERICAN HONDA MOTOR CO., INC. (HONDA) IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR2016 MODEL YEAR PILOT VEHICLES THAT FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF THEFEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARDS. THERE IS A POTENTIAL THAT A SOFTWARE ERROR IN THE INFORMATION DISPLAY MAY CAUSE THE RELATED WARNING LAMPS TO NOT ILLUMINATE AS REQUIRED BY THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS, HOWEVER THE WARNING LAMPS WILL ILLUMINATE UPON THE NEXT IGNITION KEY CYCLE:
SAFETY RISK:
FMVSS NO. 126, "ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL SYSTEMS" - THE VSA WARNING LIGHT MAY NOT ILLUMINATE. FMVSS NO. 135, "LIGHT VEHICLE BRAKE SYSTEMS" - THE ABS/BRAKE WARNING LIGHTS MAY NOT ILLUMINATE.FMVSS NO. 138, "TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEMS" - THE TPMS WARNING LIGHT MAY NOT ILLUMINATE.
REMEDY:
HONDA WILL NOTIFY OWNERS, AND DEALERS WILL UPDATE YOUR VEHICLE'S INFORMATION DISPLAY SOFTWARE AT NO COST TO YOU. OWNERS MAY CONTACT HONDA AUTOMOBILE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 1-888-234-2138. HONDA'S NUMBER FOR THIS RECALL IS JV7

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
Non original battery, had to replace battery about 2 years ago as it died. It starts up just fine.. Do you think it could be battery?
The issue I had with an aftermarket battery (Bosch), it was about 3/16th shorter. The battery post did not stick up through the cover far enough for the terminal to tighten down securely. Especially the positive post. A loose terminal can cause false codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I replaced spark plug and coil pack and I still get p0305 code every couple of weeks.. Trying injector cleaning now to see if maybe its just a dirty injector on cylinder 5.. If this doesnt fix it I guess I have to take it into the shop.

However I am wondering if I am doing the correct cylinder. I cant find the layout for cylinders on a 2016 pilot?

I am guessing cylinder 5 is the middle one in the front of the car??? Does anybody know?

back of engine
front of engine

·
Registered
9 Posts
This happened to us as well, and we had our fuel injectors replaced this week, courtesy of Honda dealer under emissions warranty. We have 75,000 miles on 2016 Pilot. Emissions warranty apparently goes to 80,000 miles. This is covered under SB 18-025. There are many forums on this issue on this site.

What’s weird with ours is we also had the code DTC U128D (under dash fuse box). I could find NOTHING on this issue on Piloteers.org. This cost $1,000.

Anyone have any info on that?

·
Registered
2017 EX-L AWD
9 Posts
This just happened to be while adding a backup cam and putting in an add-a-fuse. Suddenly, I"m getting all sorts of warnings. I bought certified used with only 9k miles. So it better not be in the injectors, but given that I simply pulled a fuse and things went sideways is concerning. I may still be under warranty though so I need to get this checked out asap. I'm going to be super pissed if I have to pay a grand.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
This just happened to be while adding a backup cam and putting in an add-a-fuse. Suddenly, I"m getting all sorts of warnings. I bought certified used with only 9k miles. So it better not be in the injectors, but given that I simply pulled a fuse and things went sideways is concerning. I may still be under warranty though so I need to get this checked out asap. I'm going to be super pissed if I have to pay a grand.
I can't see how they're related UNLESS...you put the add a fuse in upside down so it wasn't actually fused and then you reversed the polarity on the dashcam. You checked the orientation of the add a fuse right? Only asking b/c many people don't realize they are directional depending on which side of the fuse panel is hot.

·
Registered
2017 EX-L AWD
9 Posts
I ended up putting things back in just to test, and I must have put them in correctly as everything works and all the error codes are gone.

I never would have thought there was a correct way, but I'm 6'3" and contorting myself to see the fuse panel is....difficult. I may have not even noticed it wasn't seating correctly the 1st time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts