Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I could swap the mirror with with one that has built in Homelink.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am assuming you have an LX trim? I know all EX and above trims have Homelink in the overhead console, near the lights, sunglasses holder/mirror, and sunroof controls (if you have them). Did the LX not get HomeLink?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am assuming you have an LX trim? I know all EX and above trims have Homelink in the overhead console, near the lights, sunglasses holder/mirror, and sunroof controls (if you have them). Did the LX not get HomeLink?
The 2016 my Wife has does not have the Homelink. It must be the entry level model. I was just curios of the electronics was in place and all I had to do is swap out the mirror.
Ken

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 191,000 miles
249 Posts
I was wondering if I could swap the mirror with with one that has built in Homelink.

Thanks,

Ken
Homelink isn’t Built into the rear view mirror, it’s built into the dome light/glasses holder on the headliner. And I do not think the electronics are built in, you would have to buy the home link module/antenna.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Homelink isn’t Built into the rear view mirror, it’s built into the dome light/glasses holder on the headliner. And I do not think the electronics are built in, you would have to buy the home link module/antenna.
Thanks to all, I wasn't sure where the electronics would be. I assumed it was in the mirror like my 2020 Toyota Camry LE.

·
Registered
846 Posts
The issue I’m seeing is HomeLink isn’t on the mirror for this Gen Pilot. Unless you are referring to an aftermarket mirror?
My 2019 Touring which is a model of this Gen Pilot does have the Homelink built into the mirror. It was removed from overhead to the mirror location beginning in 2019 I believe.

Getting power to the mirror should be no problem and you may already have power wires up there.. I have done that in a previous vehicle I owned. There are a few Homelink mirrors from 2019 and up on car-part.com for $50.00 with the auto dim and Homelink.

·
Registered
813 Posts
My 2019 Touring which is a model of this Gen Pilot does have the Homelink built into the mirror. It was removed from overhead to the mirror location beginning in 2019 I believe.

Getting power to the mirror should be no problem and you may already have power wires up there.. I have done that in a previous vehicle I owned. There are a few Homelink mirrors from 2019 and up on car-part.com for $50.00 with the auto dim and Homelink.
I thought they were like $300 or something outrageous like that. Are these used mirrors which you are talking about?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I wasn't sure where the electronics would be. I assumed it was in the mirror like my 2020 Toyota Camry LE
I purchased a few auto-dim/compass/home link mirrors and installed them onto Nissan & Toyota that use the same windshield mounting clip and found 12V power under the dash. I have another unit to install on the Pilot but Honda uses a different windshield mounting clip so plans for a visit to the glass shop to swap out the mounting clip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts