Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,876 Posts
If you are talking about the maps here is the link:

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
869 Posts
Yes, you need to install Garmin Express and set up an account on your computer to download the map updates.

·
Administrator
4,876 Posts
I believe you also need to set up a garmin account. The info is from their website
Yes, you need to install Garmin Express and set up an account on your computer to download the map updates.
The posted link will tell the op what they need to do. Including a link to the proper Garmin site if applicable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No Bueno..

I have 2016 touring and have been using garmin express to update maps every year. They haven't released maps for 2016 model since 2019.

The nav unit came with lifetime traffic and 5 years maps updates promised. I never managed to get the 5th year updates.

Software recognizes USB as correct pilot model and is linked to my email id. On searching for update it says no update available.

Please share if anyone finds a different solution.

Cheers !

·
Administrator
4,876 Posts
When did you buy the Pilot?

·
Registered
869 Posts
No Bueno..

I have 2016 touring and have been using garmin express to update maps every year. They haven't released maps for 2016 model since 2019.

The nav unit came with lifetime traffic and 5 years maps updates promised. I never managed to get the 5th year updates.

Software recognizes USB as correct pilot model and is linked to my email id. On searching for update it says no update available.

Please share if anyone finds a different solution.

Cheers !
I updated my maps to the latest 2021 version from the 2020 a few months back and had no problem. You get 5 years of updates from the first time they were updated. Garmin express indicates that I still have updates until 2022 on my 2016EXL. Maybe give Garmin a call as something doesn't seem right.

·
Administrator
4,876 Posts
I updated my maps to the latest 2021 version from the 2020 a few months back and had no problem. You get 5 years of updates from the first time they were updated. Garmin express indicates that I still have updates until 2022 on my 2016EXL. Maybe give Garmin a call as something doesn't seem right.
If you read the information on the Honda Owners site you will see the 5 years starts when you reach 200 miles on the odometer. From the Honda Owners site: The 5-year free update period starts at approximately the time the vehicle reached 200 miles

·
Registered
869 Posts
If you read the information on the Honda Owners site you will see the 5 years starts when you reach 200 miles on the odometer. From the Honda Owners site: The 5-year free update period starts at approximately the time the vehicle reached 200 miles
I don't think that is the case with my 2016EXL which has an in-service date of 11/21/2016 and Garmin Express indicates my mapcare expires on 06/26/2022. I am pretty sure that the mapcare subscription expires 5 years after the first update.

·
Registered
869 Posts
According to the Garmin website, you can purchase map updates for a vehicle specific GPS through your account on Garmin Express if your map has expired. You can purchase a single update or lifetime maps for that specific device as long as it is registered to your account.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What is your map version number? I'm at 2020.0 does anyone have a newer version installed? I've been running Garmin Express since November looking for a new update but it says I'm up to date.

·
Registered
869 Posts
What is your map version number? I'm at 2020.0 does anyone have a newer version installed? I've been running Garmin Express since November looking for a new update but it says I'm up to date.
Latest map is 2021.0 and it's been available for several months now. Have you updated to the latest version of Garmin Express?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the same thing and eventually had to contact Garmin support to get it fixed per this article for my 2016. They asked me to send them the XML file from the USB stick and then after a few days they replied that it was fixed and Express finally was able to download the 2021 maps. There is clearly something in their system that has to be fixed based on my VIN number or Garmin serial number that are in the XML file.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Try a different thumbdrive or erase and reformat the one you have. If I remember correctly, you are supposed to have the pilot read thumbdrive first, then go to the Garmin page

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yes, you do have to load the thumb drive with the update info from the car first, then go to Garmin Express on your PC and it should pick up the car GPS info and your options to update the maps.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I found out that sometimes I had to start the engine to download current map info before I could get new version. One other time I couldn’t get new map because the thump drive was too full and I had to format it then reloaded current map info. Try these two methods and see if they help.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Also I found that I have to use the Garmin USB cable to do update, this is especially true with my portable Garmin units. USB cables look exactly the same from outside don’t work, and Garmin Express doesn’t even see the thump drive connected. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try a different thumbdrive or erase and reformat the one you have. If I remember correctly, you are supposed to have the pilot read thumbdrive first, then go to the Garmin page
I erased and reformatted the usb drive, no luck but I will try a different one. Thanks for the suggestion

1 - 20 of 22 Posts