Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel injection system failed on my 2016 Pilot EX-L w/Sensing in September 2017 at 30,000 miles. The replacement part was 16010-RLV-315. The injector system failed again in October 2019 at 50,000 miles. The replacement part was the same number. Both repairs were done under warranty.
Honda Service Bulletin 18-025 states that the manufacturing process produces debris which causes wear or clogging inside the injector. Multiple calls to American Honda were fruitless, they said the part has not been redesigned to correct the debris issue and replacement parts are only warranted for 12mo./12k.
It appears that Honda has a known defect and has chosen NOT to correct the manufacturing process or recall the part but to deal with it via a Service Bulletin. I was told that when it fails again (outside of warranty) I should contact Customer Service and try to get some compensation via "goodwill".
Has anyone else experienced a fuel injection failure (or multiple)? I am trying to determine if this is just bad luck or a class action in the making.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome to the site. At the top you will see "search community". This will help you find all the discussions on this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to the site. At the top you will see "search community". This will help you find all the discussions on this.

LOL... I was gonna say - I don't think it's ever come up before... lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts