Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 EXL w/ RES and about a month or 2 ago I started having issues with the remote start. I would try and start my car and it would begin to turn over but then nothing. When I try and open the locked door with the handle I got nothing. I tried the FOB and again nothing. The only way I could get into my car was by the key. Once in the car NOTHING worked. I couldn’t turn the car on, lights, absolutely nothing was working. I get out of the car close the door and the alarm goes off. I use the key to lock and unlock the door and BAM! Everything works fine. My radio had to be reset but no biggie. So it does this a few more times and I bring it to the dealer. They tell me I needed a new push button so they replaced it under the warranty for that. Everything seemed like it was good to go. Well today it happened again but this time I didn’t try to remote start it I was just trying to get in it and nothing. All the tricks I used to get it to work in the past won’t even work now. I haven’t had a chance to disconnect the battery because I had to get to work but that’s my next step when I get home. Also to note this only happens when the car has been sitting for a bit. Like over night. Has anyone else had this happen to them? What was the final fix to it?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Could be the battery, You can have the battery tested but I would replace it if it’s the original battery from the factory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts