Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Pilot with about 45,000 miles on it. Twice over the weekend, I started my Pilot to let it warm up. After running for about 10 minutes, when I got in and put the car in reverse, the car dies and the battery light comes on. This hasn't happened when I use the remote start, only when the vehicle is actually running. I have the auto-idle feature turned off. Once I turn the car off all the way, it will restart with no issues. If I don't turn the car all the way off and just push the ignition key, it will restart but die again once it's in reverse. Any suggestions? TYIA

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you're using remote start, are you pushing the Start button after you get in the car and before you put it in reverse?

As you probably know, it needs to be "converted" to normal running mode before you can drive - forward or reverse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you're using remote start, are you pushing the Start button after you get in the car and before you put it in reverse?

As you probably know, it needs to be "converted" to normal running mode before you can drive - forward or reverse.
Thank you for the response. Yes, I am aware of the need to press the brake and start button to convert the car to a regular running mode. This is actually occurring when I am NOT using the remote start. It was fully started both times this has occured, with a key in the vehicle.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
818 Posts
Maybe try replacing the fob battery? Or try replacing the actual car battery? Cheap first step in troubleshooting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts