Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - new member but not new to Honda's. Recently got a 2016 EX-L for the wife from a 2003 EX (240k+) and will be doing some upgrades. I work at an audio shop and have been in the industry for 20+ years. Anyway, just wanted to share what I've done/ plan on doing...

My upgrades so far have been Morimoto H11B HID kit in the low beams (LEDs just don't compare), Diode Dynamics Luxeon fog lights, window tint, Lamin-x front and rear paint protection including headlights and fog lights. I also added the OEM ATF cooler and aftermarket brake controller for the travel trailer...

I've done a lot of research on the audio system and since I work in the industry I could pretty much do whatever I wanted to it but since it's the wife's vehicle and she doesn't really care I'm just going to upgrade the subwoofer first. I don't really want to lose any cargo space in the back and want to keep everything as factory looking as possible. After much research on here (and appreciate the time everyone has put into it with pictures and experiences) I have decided to add a small amp to the factory sub. According to a Honda parts website the comparison between the Elite and EX-L subwoofer yields that they are identical, The only logical difference being the amount of power being delivered to it. So I plan on installing a 50 watt micro amp to power the existing subwoofer. I have already disconnected the ANC and will report back with my findings. Not expecting much but really appreciate the ability to adjust the volume of the subwoofer from the factory head unit.

Also, since it did not come with any ambient lighting for under the dash/ footwear area nor any rear charging for the back seat they will be added shortly as well... I found some very good factory looking solutions, but without the OEM price tag...

Thanks guys...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Curious to hear how your subwoofer experiment works out. I wouldn't expect much....i recall some folks on the Odyssey forums doing the same and being disappointed with the output even with a new Amp. Good call on disconnecting the ANC.

Since you're a Honda vet you've probably already seen the usual advice, but I'll repeat it here anyway. 1. Change your transmission fluid regularly on that 6 speed, and 2. recommend you disable the VCM for longevity and reliability.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. First thing I did with the vehicle having 65k on the odometer was a ATF change 😊👍
The most recent thing I had done just before the ANC delete was the VCM Tuner II.
Forgot to add I also installed an Alpine DVR-C310R dash camera system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts