Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone answer this? I brought my Pilot in to have new steel wheels for winter put on and was told and confirmed that the TPMS sensors could not be installed in these aftermarket wheels. As a result was told that the tire light would remain on. So I've been driving around the last 2 days, the tire light has not come on and the info center still displays tire pressure readings. Does this make any sense? If the TPMS sensors aren't installed, shouldn't there be no data for the tire pressure? Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Can anyone answer this? I brought my Pilot in to have new steel wheels for winter put on and was told and confirmed that the TPMS sensors could not be installed in these aftermarket wheels. As a result was told that the tire light would remain on. So I've been driving around the last 2 days, the tire light has not come on and the info center still displays tire pressure readings. Does this make any sense? If the TPMS sensors aren't installed, shouldn't there be no data for the tire pressure? Thanks.
Hi,
I am looking to do the same, get a winter set with steel wheels, on a 2017 Pilot. Can you give me the part numbers of the wheels you bought?
If they are 17" wheels, any idea whether it impacts Honda warranty?
Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Are your original wheels/tires still in the car? If so then it's possible that the car is still reading those TPMS sensors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I replace my rims to winter tires with no sensors it takes a week for the TPMS light to come on, weird But my ford did the same thing .

·
Registered
96 Posts
TPMS "detects less than 24 psi (168 kPa) in a tire, it alerts the driver by turning on the low pressure indicator, turning on the appropriate tire(s) indicator on the multi-information display, and setting a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) in the control unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts