Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Wife want me to put in OEM front brake and rotors on her car. When I do brake jobs , I always replace the brake clips hardware. The metal clips that attach to the caliper bracket and the brake pads slide in. When I called Honda, the OEM metal clips are $20 each. So a front brake job will be a total of $80 since it requires 4 of them. My question, has anyone actually bought the OEM clips since Napa sells all 4 clips for only $10 vs $80 in Honda.

Thank you all for your input.

-Kono

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
Maybe you should consider getting aftermarket brake pads.
Usually those clips are included with a set of pads at no extra charge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you but wife wants OEM and it’s her car. I was just wondering if anyone actually buys the clips. I will just go to Napa and get the after market clips.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,402 Posts
I agree with you but wife wants OEM and it’s her car. I was just wondering if anyone actually buys the clips. I will just go to Napa and get the after market clips.
Just get the aftermarket clips if you want to stick with OEM pads. The clips aren’t that complicated so you’re not getting anything special by buying them directly from Honda.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Again, if it doesn't NEED new rotors, why do some people go thru all the trouble of replacing perfectly0 good rotors? SMH.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I don’t replace those clips until they show signs of wear. I just clean them with a stainless steel tooth brush. They clean up pretty easy. If you clean them every time you do pads they should be good for at least 4 pad changes.

I don’t see any reason to change them just to change them. They do get dirty but it takes a long time for them to wear enough to cause a problem.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Also, if you are not in a hurry I would check price of the Honda parts online. A set of clips for one wheel is about $24 plus shipping. If you are buying pads and rotors too you may get a better deal buying from a dealer online. Or print off the prices and see if you can get a better price at your local dealer.

There are several dealers that sell online. I typically use Majestic Honda
Hondaautomotiveparts.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm glad my wife leaves car maintenance to me, I'm very happy with inexpensive centric rotors and pads that work and last as long as OEM

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi All,

Wife want me to put in OEM front brake and rotors on her car. When I do brake jobs , I always replace the brake clips hardware. The metal clips that attach to the caliper bracket and the brake pads slide in. When I called Honda, the OEM metal clips are $20 each. So a front brake job will be a total of $80 since it requires 4 of them. My question, has anyone actually bought the OEM clips since Napa sells all 4 clips for only $10 vs $80 in Honda.

Thank you all for your input.

-Kono
How would your wife know if you were to install centric/akebono combo and tell your wife it is OEM?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts