Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching the entire forum and couldn't find what I was looking for.

2016 EX-L. With no headlight/fog-lights on the DRL's are fully funtional:

Note how the DRL's go across the top and then down the outer edge of the halogen lamps. When the "Auto" or manual halogens are turned on the top of the DRL's turn off but the outer edges of the DRL's are still on:

Does anyone know of a way, or hack, or setting change in the head unit such that when I turn on the head lamps/fog-lights, the entire DRL unit will stay lit? I have a hard time believing that it's a physical wiring set-up that would need to be bypassed.

Many thanks for your thoughts! :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a 2017 EX-L and the DRL stays the same even if the low beam is on. I've never seen it like yours before. I thought the whole thing stay on regardless if the low beam is on or not.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've noticed this on my 2016 as well, but had mostly convinced myself it was an illusion. Like you, the horizontal portion of the DRL looks just a bit dimmer than the vertical part. Haven't checked headlights on vs. off though. At night, when ambient light is dimmer, the DRL looks basically normal, at least from a distance.

Edit: just checked, and my horizontal bar looks dim all the time. Has it always been this way?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've noticed this on my 2016 as well, but had mostly convinced myself it was an illusion. Like you, the horizontal portion of the DRL looks just a bit dimmer than the vertical part. Haven't checked headlights on vs. off though. At night, when ambient light is dimmer, the DRL looks basically normal, at least from a distance.

Edit: just checked, and my horizontal bar looks dim all the time. Has it always been this way?
View attachment 142294

View attachment 142295
The car automatically dims the drl lights when the headlights are on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts