Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Honda Pilot with 53,000 miles came up with the Emissions System Problem warning. The fix was replacing the injectors at a cost of $1500. There have a been quite a few post about this error happening around 50,000 miles. The dealer did not spend much time diagnosing it since the error code gave it all away. I would expect that everyone will be going to have this done on there 2016 Pilot here shortly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 Honda Pilot with 53,000 miles came up with the Emissions System Problem warning. The fix was replacing the injectors at a cost of $1500. There have a been quite a few post about this error happening around 50,000 miles. The dealer did not spend much time diagnosing it since the error code gave it all away. I would expect that everyone will be going to have this done on there 2016 Pilot here shortly.
There have been an extensive discussion in this forum about this issue. I myself have experienced this CEL about 3-4 times already, i resetted the CEL using a OBD scanner. No issues so far but i will definitely bring this up to them on my next oil change. Btw, this is on a 2016 Pilot Touring 2WD with 45k miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just received a phone call back from my Honda Dealer and they say they want $1,700 to fix this problem with our 2016 Honda Pilot EX 2wd, we purchased 6 months ago. Has anyone heard about the service bulletin SB 18-025, that Honda supposedly put out in 2018 to cover this issue? Our Pilot has like 48000k miles on it. I have heard that Honda is covering this for either 15yrs\150,000 miles or 8years\80,000 miles.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just received a phone call back from my Honda Dealer and they say they want $1,700 to fix this problem with our 2016 Honda Pilot EX 2wd, we purchased 6 months ago. Has anyone heard about the service bulletin SB 18-025, that Honda supposedly put out in 2018 to cover this issue? Our Pilot has like 48000k miles on it. I have heard that Honda is covering this for either 15yrs\150,000 miles or 8years\80,000 miles.
Although my vehicle has not shown any signs of this issue, I've been doing some research on it so that I am prepared should the issue occur. My 2017 has 45k on it so it's out of warranty. However, it appears that via both federal and state laws, some emissions and emissions-related components are covered for more than the factory warranty. The link below is specifically for a 2016 Pilot. I haven't been able to find one for a 2017 but I'm hoping it's similar, if not the same.

I live in PA so I fall into the "B column." Fuel rails are covered for 7 years / 70,000 miles whereas injectors are 3 years / 50,000 miles. Hopefully this helps you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same here too, 2016 Honda Pilot Ex with 52500 miles. Got the Emissions System problem. Given a quote of $1200. Accepted it and getting the repair done today, 8/15/2019. But I feel the fuel injector should not fail so early. If anyone has any inputs of how to get some kind of reimbursement from Honda, please let all of us here know

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's actually great news if Honda were to cover the issue for 15 or even 8 years. Please post the link or any information that shows the information you are talking about

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where did you hear this? I am refusing to pay my $1500 bill since" it is a defective part that Honda made". Quote from my service rep. He said it is only covered 3 yr/ 3000 miles. I'd sure appreciate the detailed info if you have it. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Where did you hear this? I am refusing to pay my $1500 bill since" it is a defective part that Honda made". Quote from my service rep. He said it is only covered 3 yr/ 3000 miles. I'd sure appreciate the detailed info if you have it. Thanks
3 yr/30,000 miles

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2016 Honda Pilot has 53,500 miles and have the same problem as most of you, Emission System Problem with Check Engine appearing. This problem should definitely be covered by Honda manufacturer. I'm not about to pay $1,500.00 for this problem that almost every one Pilot owner has.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2016 Pilot has 53, 500 miles and suddenly shows Emission System Problem with Check Engine showing. I understand it is the cataleptic converter issue. I'm wandering how much does it cost to replace? Repair and whether it is covered by Honda?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also see problem with 2016 Pilot. The emission system light come and went for 1 day. Now back again. I have 40000 miles on it. Any suggestions. Made appointment with dealer for next week. No warranty left on the pilot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We had our fuel injectors replaced this week, courtesy of Honda dealer in CA under emissions warranty. We have 75,000 miles on 2016 Pilot. Emissions warranty apparently goes to 80,000 miles. This is covered under SB 18-025. There are many forums on this issue on this site.

What’s weird with ours is we also had the code DTC U128D (under dash fuse box). I could find NOTHING on this issue on Piloteers.org. This cost $1,000.

Anyone have any info on that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m no expert. I basically learned everything I know from research on this piloteers.org site. However, from what I understand, the fuel injectors have been updated to resolve this common problem. Check out some of the forums on fuel injector issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts