Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I apologize up front as I'm sure this has been posted time and time again but I failed to find anything that might help in this recent search. That said, yesterday I purchased a 2016 Honda Pilot with the Touring Package. The ONE thing I'm missing is the carplay/Apple carplay. I've seen some videos of people finding 2017 consoles from wrecks/salvage places/ebay/etc and I'm wondering if that's the way to go? I plan on keeping this car for at LEAST 10 years/150k so I'd love to know if anyone has swapped their console piece out, what they did to find one, how it worked out...the works!

I'd appreciate any feedback, outside of the obvious opinions of keep, don't keep, etc.
I'm just exploring options since the car is very new to my family but we all got attached to the feature in the last vehicle we had.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,877 Posts
I would suggest you go to page 344 of the Owners manual and see what you will loose without a proper Honda Head unit. The head unit isn't just a radio/navigation system. It is also the access point for all of the customizable computer settings for the vehicle.

It's not like the 70's anymore. You can't just pull the factory AM/FM and put in an AM/FM/Cassette unit in it's place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suggest you go to page 344 of the Owners manual and see what you will loose without a proper Honda Head unit. The head unit isn't just a radio/navigation system. It is also the access point for all of the customizable computer settings for the vehicle.

It's not like the 70's anymore. You can't just pull the factory AM/FM and put in an AM/FM/Cassette unit in it's place.
I get that, I was just wondering if someone had experience doing something like buying a 2017 infotainment center and having that work out...any single piece of advice, would be helpful.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's been done by many people in similar position, including me. It turned out great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts