Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this weekend I upgraded my 2016 EX-L with sensing (No RES, No Navi/maps) to a 2018 head unit (also EX-L no Navi, no RES - part # 39540-TG7-A13) so that I could get Carplay.
everything works great, except the clock seems to be permanently stuck at 1:00 (see pic). No amount of clock adjustment, resetting, changing time zones, display format, etc will get it off 1:00

Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
this weekend I upgraded my 2016 EX-L with sensing (No RES, No Navi/maps) to a 2018 head unit (also EX-L no Navi, no RES - part # 39540-TG7-A13) so that I could get Carplay.
everything works great, except the clock seems to be permanently stuck at 1:00 (see pic). No amount of clock adjustment, resetting, changing time zones, display format, etc will get it off 1:00

Any thoughts?
Thank you in advance.
View attachment 137129
Disconnect battery for a few minutes?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,304 Posts
Before you do what Nail Grease suggests go into the settings on the radio an find the factory reset and try that first. If it works you are good. If not next step would be Nail Grease's suggestion. Just be prepared for some unexpected idiot lights on the dash until you drive for a short time. It's the vehicle computer system resetting itself.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before you do what Nail Grease suggests go into the settings on the radio an find the factory reset and try that first. If it works you are good. If not next step would be Nail Grease's suggestion. Just be prepared for some unexpected idiot lights on the dash until you drive for a short time. It's the vehicle computer system resetting itself.
I tried the the factory reset - no joy.
I will try the battery next. would pulling the fuse accomplish the same thing?
As a little extra info, here is a video that shows the "screensaver"(?)
weird how the time blinks?

·
Super Moderator
4,304 Posts
You could give that a try. Can't hurt. It may be however that Nail Grease's suggestion is the one you have to do and basically reset everything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys
Thank you all for your help thus far.
I removed the positive terminal of the battery for ~1.5 hours, hooked it back up, had to enter in the unlock code to the radio, and still I got 1:00 and was unable to adjust it.
any suggestions? I called the dealer and they aren't excited to touch it given the head unit swap.

any other thoughts?
thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
4,304 Posts
Wear a watch? May well be something to do with the swap. It could be anyone's guess.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you think it is worth paying the Honda Dealer to hook up their computer and poke around? Or do you think the likelihood of them finding something is slim?

Wear a watch? May well be something to do with the swap. It could be anyone's guess.

·
Super Moderator
4,304 Posts
No clue, the only switch I ever did on a radio was in my 72 Dodge Charger when FM radio came out at an affordable price and in my 2001 Dodge Ram PU when the radio quit. Easy peasy as all they required was power, antenna, and speaker connections.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If you still have your old radio, maybe try hooking it up again it’s really if the problem if the new head unit or the car.

·
Registered
390 Posts
my clock on my used hyundai did something similar when i bought it. When I called corporate to ask about it they got my personal info then it mysteriously started working correctly. Im guessing they want the info to sell to other companies. If it has sirius/xm, you might want to call corporate with your vin and radio serial number. they might also mysteriously get it to work.

·
Registered
2019 EX
24 Posts
There was a software update for our 2019. We revived a letter from Honda stated it was a recall. We never had a problem with ours but had it done at first service.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts