Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took in my pilot with a little over 50K miles on it to get the transmission looked at. It wasn't shifting violently like some people have stated but more of a hesitation. They found a fix from Honda that they would pay for. They said they needed to flush out the transmission and add new fluid. I am frustrated because I've had all my maintenance done at the dealer and would have been professional on there part to let me know there was a known problem. If your under 60K miles or 5 years take into the dealer and get them to fix it.

Hope this helps someone else out there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm being told the 9speed needs the software update. I have the 6 speed. I haven't picked it up yet and seen the paperwork but was told they are just flushing the fluid and replacing.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ive been having some issues on my 18 EXL. Hesitation and some Rpm fluctuations. Ive seen lots of Info on it for the 16s and 17s along with many other people complaining but nothing for the 18 yet. I’m considering talking to the dealer when if I ever decide to go get it inspected. If they won’t do anything ill change the fluid myself before winter hits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just found out my wife told me they wanted her to pay for the transmission to be flushed the last time we had the oil changed. Beware of the dealers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ive been having some issues on my 18 EXL. Hesitation and some Rpm fluctuations. Ive seen lots of Info on it for the 16s and 17s along with many other people complaining but nothing for the 18 yet. I’m considering talking to the dealer when if I ever decide to go get it inspected. If they won’t do anything ill change the fluid myself before winter hits.
What's the mileage on your car?

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is among thread with folks even putting in their copy of the repair order from the dealer. I had started the thread. Essentially, the tranny fluid needs to be changed often and is not a lifetime fluid. Both the 6-speed and 9-speed need the software update. I paid for the flush and they did the software update for free, but 30k miles later its starting to lightly occur again and probably need to flush granny again.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is a long thread with folks even putting in their copy of the repair order from the dealer. I had started the thread. Essentially, the tranny fluid needs to be changed often and is not a lifetime fluid. Both the 6-speed and 9-speed need the software update. I paid for the flush and they did the software update for free, but 30k miles later its starting to lightly occur again and probably need to flush tranny again.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,937 Posts
Is what is being referred to as a flush (which would take around 12 quarts of fluid) really a drain and fill (which takes about 4 quarts of fluid)? A flush on my 2005 Pilot’s tranny is a 3x drain and fill; driving a few miles between each drain and fill. Somewhere in the manual it said Honda does not recommend flushing a tranny. Just wondering if things have changed for the newer trannies.

·
Registered
618 Posts
My local dealer told me that they use a flush machine. That was when they were trying to sell me the service on my 2012 way back when. So its either they are using the machine to make things easier for them or whatever reason or they are really just doing a 1 time drain and fill and selling a full flush just to make the extra $$$.

I know they arnt supposed to use the flush machine..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts