Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Just took 2016 Pilot Touring in to dealership because AC was only cooling while driving, found AC Clutch problem, went to replace just the compressor and found that metal shards 'Kiss of Death' for AC's were throughout the system. They said they have had several Pilots come in like that. On top of all this they found a very small oil leak near gasket where it houses the oil filter. Mechanic said they had several Pilots and Honda Accords have this same issue. So total for fixing everything is $4200. Now with this being said I was one of the lucky ones who had all the emission problems on the 2016 Pilots. Did get Honda to pick up that bill of $2600. So in the last 1.5 we have had about $7K in service bills on it, feeling like it's time to move on from Honda. I love my Pilot and have always loved HONDA, I have had the Civic, Accord (3), Odyssey, and Pilot (2) always do all the maintenance services at dealership. But I feel the 2016 have ruined it for me.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
But I feel the 2016 have ruined it for me.

2016 was the first model year for the 3rd Generation Pilot, which is why I bought a 120,000 / 8 year warranty for the vehicle. It’s paid for itself now 3 times.

At the time of purchase I thought I was really rolling the dice on making a bad decision given Honda’s reliability.

I still think it’s a great vehicle but warranties are simply needed for anyone that intends taking a vehicle 5-10 years, especially in the first year of a new generation of a model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hi - Just took 2016 Pilot Touring in to dealership because AC was only cooling while driving, found AC Clutch problem, went to replace just the compressor and found that metal shards 'Kiss of Death' for AC's were throughout the system. They said they have had several Pilots come in like that. On top of all this they found a very small oil leak near gasket where it houses the oil filter. Mechanic said they had several Pilots and Honda Accords have this same issue. So total for fixing everything is $4200. Now with this being said I was one of the lucky ones who had all the emission problems on the 2016 Pilots. Did get Honda to pick up that bill of $2600. So in the last 1.5 we have had about $7K in service bills on it, feeling like it's time to move on from Honda. I love my Pilot and have always loved HONDA, I have had the Civic, Accord (3), Odyssey, and Pilot (2) always do all the maintenance services at dealership. But I feel the 2016 have ruined it for me.
Your experience made me scared. Up here it is still Winter like, so no need for the air con yet. Although I have the 6 year/100,000 km "extended warranty" provided by Honda free of charge, but my experience with Honda made me wonder if any of the required parts/labor would be covered should the AC fails. Honda definitely not what it used to be in terms of reliability.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts