Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am strongly considering purchasing a slightly used 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L. I don't like that it doesn't come with the 10 speaker sound system. Is it possible to just replace the 275 watt amp (that's in the lower passenger side kick panel) with the Touring/Elite's amp and add a center channel speaker? I want the center channel speaker...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or would it be possible to add some kind of signal processor or amp to the stock head unit and get 5.1 surround sound?

·
Registered
399 Posts
have you heard the touring and elite sound. its not that great even as an upgrade/premium sound. cheap sound systems I put together with aftermarket amps and speakers that are no name/budget and under $300 sound better. I was really dissapointed with the supposedly upgraded sound on the touring elite.

Have you considered just doing an aftermarket setup?

As for the center speaker, does the trims below touring/elite have the grill/cutout in the center for it? IF so, then it makes it easy to put a speaker in there. But IIRC and correct me if im wrong, I only hear the center speaker actually work during navigation voice prompts and other little stuff. I never hear it for music, or even when im playing a bluray with dolby digital/dts multi channel. I actually thought it would decode and playback the multi channel stream properly like a surround sound system setup properly at home with the center speaker only playing center channels (normally the voices talking in movies)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have you heard the touring and elite sound. its not that great even as an upgrade/premium sound. cheap sound systems I put together with aftermarket amps and speakers that are no name/budget and under $300 sound better. I was really dissapointed with the supposedly upgraded sound on the touring elite.

Have you considered just doing an aftermarket setup?

As for the center speaker, does the trims below touring/elite have the grill/cutout in the center for it? IF so, then it makes it easy to put a speaker in there. But IIRC and correct me if im wrong, I only hear the center speaker actually work during navigation voice prompts and other little stuff. I never hear it for music, or even when im playing a bluray with dolby digital/dts multi channel. I actually thought it would decode and playback the multi channel stream properly like a surround sound system setup properly at home with the center speaker only playing center channels (normally the voices talking in movies)
Redturbo, THANK YOU for your input. I have not heard the Elite/Touring sound yet. I am primarily looking for a center channel speaker. The EX-L does a center channel cutout, but nothing is there. I would like to send the audio signal from the head unit (line level input) to a Dolby DD, DTS, and Pro Logic II signal processor, and then to the speakers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I was looking at pictures of the EX-L online, and from what I've seen, I could not find a speaker grill in the center dash. UGH!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts