Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks. I decided to spring for the NAVTOOL interface for my new (to me) 2015 AWD Pilot Touring with nav. Basically, this gadget places itself between the radio and the display, and allows you to run Android Auto on the big screen. Big mistake. They have hundreds of installation videos that claim to be for the exact system you are installing, and it should be easy as pie. Once the unit arrived ($500 later), dug in. After getting everything taken apart, I find that the video is asking me to connect a 14 pin connector that doesn't exist. I turn it on with what I've got, and the dsplays blink a couple of times, and then go dark. The only help I got from "customer no service" telling me I needed to connect 4 wires that were never mentioned in the video (and the non-existent installation manual). I did that, with no change. They went silent on me, so I decided to pull it all out and try again in the daylight tomorrow. Pulled it all out, and the displays are still dead (and radio). I check the number 17 fuse in the triangular fuse box under the hood (good) and all others in that fuse box. Anyone have any ideas on what this might be? I'm seriously doubting this outfit is going to lift a finger to help.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Start with the fuses list in the Owner's Manual. 3 Major fuse panels and one minor for towing in the back.

Fuse 23 in the main under-hood box.

Go after the fuses in the under-dash relay/control unit. Cover just forward of driver's knee. Start at fuses 14, 31, 35 there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I actually found advice from you in another thread. 35 did the trick. I'm going to try the install again tomorrow, hopefully with better information from Navtool. I'm literally having to write their manual for them.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
if you take a look around on the forums under Navtool there are a few threads even break down spots where other members have come across and resolved the issue. Some are for the 2012 but the wiring is the same

·
Registered
474 Posts
I find that the video is asking me to connect a 14 pin connector that doesn't exist.
So what DID you connect in that case?

Looking at the back of the audio-nav unit, second from the right connector along the bottom should be the 14-position connector in question.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you have the Android Auto/Apple Carplay unit red wire goes to accessory and black is ground. Firmware must be flashed while box is not connected to the car via the Navtool app found on the site.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
The video states that they are installing in the MDX they claim its the same wiring and when I did mine i didn't see any different . Are you sure you are able to wire this correctly ? we already have one user blow a fuse not being careful. :p ? This is the Internet we can't assume what you already know what to do.. it sounds like your looking for a video to show you step by step ..

if you guys actually take the time a search the forums YOU will find the forums where members have actually took pics during the install ....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have you actually tried this install?
I punished myself twice, I had the mirror unit first and then went for the Android auto version which is working well. I did the install myself. If I do get a 2019 Highlander I might go with Grom. If you are on FB lookup NavTool Nightmares, that's my group I will turn it into a page soon. I have both Navtool and Naviks in my Pilot. Naviks is connected at the screen and Navtool to the radio. Naviks is not HD, I only use it to manually activate rear view camera and power the Navtool interface.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts