Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a 2015 pilot touring and 2 of the wheels were damaged, one worse than the other.Local place asked $250 per wheel to repair. We had one done but the second one not bad enough to pay that much to be reconditioned. Does anyone know what color gray paint they are or had any luck touching up wheels. I know they will not be perfect.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've always liked the version that came on the 2014 Ridgeline SE which is painted black and thought about painting mine before I decided to replace them all together. Just to give you another option incase you weren't aware.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have thought of that but I would worry about the paint peeling. The paint that is on there is powder coated I believe .

·
Registered
167 Posts
I cannot believe how expensive the rims are. I might have to look into selling mine but not until I replace the rubber on my 20's.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cannot believe how expensive the rims are. I might have to look into selling mine but not until I replace the rubber on my 20's.
They are expensive. I paid $250 to get one refinished but worth it.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Doing a little shopping, it's not uncommon to see used Touring wheels in good to excellent condition sell for ~~600/set.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Must be the part of the country. The cheapest I have seen is $ 800 and they were not perfect wheels. My 15 has 18inch wheels so maybe that makes a difference. I did find a Dupli-Color paint that does a pretty good match for what I need.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,409 Posts
Go to car-part.com and search for used wheels. I doubt you’ll pay more than $200. Then all you need to do is get the tire mounted and installed on the car.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I would think the Pilot wheels could be popular for Ridgeline owners who like the OEM style but something that wasn't available on their vehicle. I've done that with many of my cars.

Reactions: im45us
1 - 9 of 9 Posts