Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have noticed that a whistle noise come from the dashboard randomly, I think it is possible that one of the internal automatically controlled A/C vents opening/closing while the AC is operating, thoughts? Anybody has experienced this symptom before? Thanks

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
My wife complained of a similar noise when moving at higher speeds, turned out one of the A/C vents was almost closed and the climate control system would cause a faint whistle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife complained of a similar noise when moving at higher speeds, turned out one of the A/C vents was almost closed and the climate control system would cause a faint whistle.
Are you referring to the external vents? The one we control manually?

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,042 Posts
Also, if you recently replaced the cabin air filter, check that the the "lid" is put back correctly.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Are you referring to the external vents? The one we control manually?
Yes.

Also, if you recently replaced the cabin air filter, check that the the "lid" is put back correctly.
I think it's a good idea to check this area regardless... could be a leaf or something is trapped in that area and the air moving around it is causing it to whistle... or the gasket on the filter went bad...

Reactions: Rocky

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked the cabin air filter, everything was good, I even installed a new one, the unfortunately whistle continues, while replacing the filter I check the fan for a whistle, nothing, I think the whistle is actually coming from inside the right side (passenger) center AC vent, the one closer to the glovebox and the radio

1 - 7 of 7 Posts