Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a Pilot. Debating on a 15vs16. I've heard that the 16 has some tranny issues. The 15 is somewhat dated but less expensive. Any advice?
Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The 2015 is the last of it's generation, solid, and it looks like a truck. The 2016+ look like minivans. I think you will enjoy a Pilot what ever you choose.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I personally would not buy a 2016. It seems there are more reported issues with 2016 than subsequent years, with 2017 a close second. This could be mileage related however and we might see the complaints roll in about the 2018’s next year. If I was in the market, it would be 2015, or 2018 with my fingers crossed. Right now I am trying to get the wife to look at other brands (Toyota) but she sure likes the Pilots.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,960 Posts
Generally speaking I would not buy the first model year of any vehicle. Chances are higher that there will be issues with a first year model versus subsequent years. Most of the problems for the 2015 should be identified by now so you’ll have a better idea of possible issues you’ll have to deal with.
I’m with boom that for my family’s next vehicle I’ll look beyond the Honda/Acura offerings.

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
All else being equal, I would also give preference to the nicer-looking (IMO) and tried-and-tested end of generation 2015 over the first of generation minivan-ish 2016, especially if it's a trim that has the ZF 9-speed transmission, which had some problems early on.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I had the same issue i had a 2015 and a 2016 side by side on the lot .. i was shopping when the 2016's just came to the area ... the 2015 looks like a truck still and it has more cargo room than the 2016 , due to the streamlined mini van look you loose the head room space. The only grunt I complain about here is the damn thing was built from Fisher Price plastic everywhere BUT mechanically I had 0 issues since i brought my 2015 home. I have tuned down about the plastic issue since i went on a hunting trip and it had mud everywhere from the guys i was with and the Buck we managed to acquire .... that damn truck was easy as hell to clean afterwards. the second gen will never last as long as the 1st Gen Pilots ..but it is what it is ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts