Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a clean 2015 touring with 67k miles. Great deal. I’m still learning but wondering does the rear view camera beep if I’m close to hitting something?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
There's a rocker switch by your left knee, the one with a big P on it and a light. Turn it back on, and the prox sensors will warn you. They also display colored arrow/indicators on the center display showing where you are getting close.

In my 2013 Owners Manual, the system is described in Parking Sensor System, starting on page 365. Your 2015 manual may have slightly different page numbers, but the system function is identical.

Enjoy the new car, and welcome to Piloteers!

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a rocker switch by your left knee, the one with a big P on it and a light. Turn it back on, and the prox sensors will warn you. They also display colored arrow/indicators on the center display showing where you are getting close.

In my 2013 Owners Manual, the system is described in Parking Sensor System, starting on page 365. Your 2015 manual may have slightly different page numbers, but the system function is identical.

Enjoy the new car, and welcome to Piloteers!
Thank you so much. Yes I am excited. I drove a odyssey for 8 years and had 232,000 miles. I’m ready for a new journey

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,178 Posts
Wow Pearlie, Welcome to the site, from another relatively new comer.
I came to this site only recently when we bought out second Pilot. a 2015- LX trim only, 4WD, w/ trailer towing. w/ 64K miles.

How much did you spend on yours may I ask? The Touring trim has many more options. I have a back up camera on the LX 2015, but I don't think it has any beeping sensors like yours.
We paid 15K for ours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello.... I named my pilot “Pearlie” cause it’s pearl white in color. I paid total , 21,500. I felt that was good. Its clean. Previous owners took care of it

·
Registered
37 Posts
The beeping option technically doesn’t have anything to do with the camera but instead is part of the parking sensor system. There’s either a rocker switch or a button just above your left knee. Turn that on and it will be active. It’s not just for backing up either. If your pulling into a spot it will also beep when you approach something close to the front as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts