Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a 2015 touring pilot and will pick up in a few days. I think it only has one key fob and would like a second one. Any idea how much and if cheaper alternative other than Honda?

Also one of the rims is pretty rough and might want to replace if not too outrageous. I will bring to a local repair shop to see if they can fix.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
We just purchased a 2015 touring pilot and will pick up in a few days. I think it only has one key fob and would like a second one. Any idea how much and if cheaper alternative other than Honda?

Also one of the rims is pretty rough and might want to replace if not too outrageous. I will bring to a local repair shop to see if they can fix.
Check this website for used parts. Especially for picking up a good used rim.
www.car-part.com

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Know that you'll need to "register" the new key to the car regardless of the source. Look for instructions in the Owners Manual.

Know that the FWD cars come with a min-spare, AWD comes with a full-sized spare. If the rim damage is only cosmetic and it's 4WD, your spare may be a good option to rotate into service. if FWD, might want two rims and replace the mini spare too.

Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Know that you'll need to "register" the new key to the car regardless of the source. Look for instructions in the Owners Manual.

Know that the FWD cars come with a min-spare, AWD comes with a full-sized spare. If the rim damage is only cosmetic and it's 4WD, your spare may be a good option to rotate into service. if FWD, might want two rims and replace the mini spare too.

Enjoy your new ride!
Thanks for the response. We are getting rid of a 2004 Pilot E-XL and getting a 2015 Touring AWD with 40,000 miles. Looking forward to getting it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Rim-repair can go from $80-$200 depending on structural/finish work. I've found it can be cheaper to just buy new if you get a quote on the higher end.

Key-FYI, most dealers won't program an aftermarket key. The unlock/lock can be done by you, but the start functionality must be done at the dealer. Some will waive the program/cut fee if bought from them as well. Now especially, your local will probably match the internet price for the key so it may be worthwhile for the pom and cost.

Honda Part No.: 35118-SZA-A31/41 Avg price $43-Driver/Passenger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts