Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our Key is starting to get loose from the fob cover/shell/housing thing, and i was just wondering if anybody has replaced their key housing for a flip key design?
thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
So our Key is starting to get loose from the fob cover/shell/housing thing, and i was just wondering if anybody has replaced their key housing for a flip key design?
thanks for the help!
I saw those on You tube look kinda cool but I didn't really see the purpose behind them since the hinge that they flip out with looks cheap..

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Lots of discussion on the flip key options over the years. Search is your friend

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I bought a flip key from Amazon, but the problem now is the rfid chip is to far from my ignition/key. My rf chip is on my board and I was wondering how do I get it off? Maybe since the new blade is shorter than my old blade it won't need to be transferred off the board?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just researched the pros/cons of aftermarket fobs because my case broke as well. The safest bet is to buy an "Original" fob blank from your dealer or online Honda parts store. Swap the chip from the old housing to the new yourself and take it to the dealer to be cut, usually for free. You might as well replace the battery at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts