Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2015 Honda pilot has several CAMERA issues:
1. when put ion reverse, camera does not come on and the display does not change (very new issue)
2. in heavy rain, AS I AM DRIVING, the display will go crazy with turning off and on and flipping very quickly. The yellow grid lines are on, but no camera
3. when no rain and gear in reverse, the grid lines come on, but no camera, and the flipping and turning of and on occurs.

HERLP

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sounds like a bad connection that gets worse with water.......maybe close to the actual camera/license plate area.
If it were me I would poke around and see how accessible the camera wiring is and see if it was something simple that needed plugged back together or if there was exposed wiring somewhere. If not I would take it to the dealer to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I have checked all wiring around camera area and have made sure all was god. But i did however find some wires under the hood in a cable that looks like it runs to the back of the truck (to the camera, lights etc.) that looks like were eaten, almost all the way thru, by a chipmunk or other creature that I am presently investigating and i believe that when done things will change. I will let you know.
your response at least tells me I am on the right track.

thank you

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
If you repair the wiring yourself adhesive lined heat shrink tubing will be very useful to keep the connection watertight.

My friend at work told me about adhesive tubing with solder inside. I haven’t tried that out but here is a link.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts