Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Wow this is scary stuff I myself have the black pearl version of this pilot i haven't seen anything....Yet...

Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
854 Posts
Wow this is scary stuff I myself have the black pearl version of this pilot i haven't seen anything....Yet...

Thanks for the info guys
Appears the only color impacted is white...so far. Silver, blue and red are problem areas for Honda as well, by my Alabaster Silver still looks new.

Edit: I passed a 9th gen Taffeta White Accord today where the paint was peeling around the C pillar and trunk.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My wife’s 2013 after driving through a rain storm today

I might get clear vinyl and a sticker that say my honda paint is great?

·
Registered
43 Posts
My feeling is that Honda by agreeing to pay any portion is admitting to having a problem. They need to own their crappy ass painting system and resprayed my Honda for free or offer to buy it back.

I paid $40k and this thing has the worst paint of any vehicle I have ever owned. I’ll never buy another Honda product.
Are you a regular customer at your Honda dealer for service?

While I agree with you that paint should last longer, the reality is that every car manufacturer has issues and this forum is not an accurate representation of the general population of owners and nor is it a reliable dataset for drawing conclusions about reliability. My best advice is that if you are a regular at your dealership for service, you bring the car in and ask for their help. Don't complain, slam Honda, or make threats. Just say that you have had this happen, you believe that it should not happen at this age/mileage, and that you would like to stay as a happy Honda customer but to do so you need their help. See what they do. Dealerships can advocate for good customers, and they will do so to keep the relationship. This is one of the soft factors that I tell people counsels for keeping any car in the manufacturer's service network so long as the service is reasonably good and the costs are competitive.

Fwiw, we have a 2012 Pilot in the dark cherry red. I maintain the car carefully but the paint has held up extremely well for a dark color. The issues you and others are having with the white do not appear to be typical for a Honda paint job.

Good luck with getting this resolved. Your best forum for so doing is with the people who have the ability to help you. Complaining here will accomplish little.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I do all my own maintenance. I’m well out of warranty and I’m nowhere close to where I bought it. I personally don’t believe paint should ever peel. They get to define the conditions it’s applied in. I’m not paying one cent to Honda to fix their bad application of paint.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will tell you all, this problem is not confined to the Pilot. The Odyssey has the exact same problem, Taffeta White and the dark blue both had this problem...bad. You'll see those cars on the road, paint peel anywhere above the "shoulder" of the vehicle. We love our Hondas, have owned many, but I will never buy another white Honda again after having the exact same issue on our 2003 Taffeta Ody.

Google "Honda White Paint Peel" and you'll see TONs of forum threads about this very problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 WDP paint peeling also they offered 70%, leaving 30% for us to cover. Thanks American Honda!!! Guess Toyota just got a new customer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
John williams

Easy rider...…..Have the same problem peeling above the windshield and sunroof 1ft 1/2 X 1ft. (2015 Pilot Touring)Took it to a well known dealership in Our Town and was told it will take some time. We bought an Appearance warranty which covers Exterior Paint but full of exclusions and escape clauses. So won't hold my Breath thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2014 Honda Pilot with the paint coming off the top. We have called USA Honda and the Japan Honda Company about the problem. After talking with both of them and Howdy Honda the only relief we have gotten is for us to pay $500 and they would repaint the top which is $500 off the total cost of $1000.I was told nothing can be done after the factory warranty is expired. I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this on their Honda. If you have you need to call USA Honda and you can also call Japan Honda let them know what is going on. If enough complaints are given to them something may be done to fix the problem. This is going to be my last Honda. USA Honda Phone # (800) 999-1009 Japan Honda # 011-81-3-3423-1111

·
Registered
95 Posts
2013 WDP paint and same peeling issue above windshield to sunroof. Literally must have just happened as I would think I would have noticed an 8 inch area of paint missing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
We have a 2014 Honda Pilot with the paint coming off the top. We have called USA Honda and the Japan Honda Company about the problem. After talking with both of them and Howdy Honda the only relief we have gotten is for us to pay $500 and they would repaint the top which is $500 off the total cost of $1000.I was told nothing can be done after the factory warranty is expired. I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this on their Honda. If you have you need to call USA Honda and you can also call Japan Honda let them know what is going on. If enough complaints are given to them something may be done to fix the problem. This is going to be my last Honda. USA Honda Phone # (800) 999-1009 Japan Honda # 011-81-3-3423-1111

My damage was $2,400 by the local Honda dealer estimate in Florida. I was asked to pay approximately $700 (it’s been 2 years) I told them I wasn’t about to pay a Honda dealer $700 to fix their crappy paint job. I paid a friend who does very high quality paint work $1,000 to do the same spots when I had to get the front bumper repainted after a driveway incident. I won’t give Honda money for their mistake. It’s principal plus I’d rather give my money to a friend then the company that somewhat admits it’s their fault.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2012 WDP touring and it started to peel too on the Driver side door, passenger side back door and on the quarter panel. Honda said no warranty so my dealer took pictures of it and will do investigation. This need to be recalled or they need to fix this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same like me I have 3 spots same place (at driver side before sunroof and top windshield ) the largest around 9 inch long and 3 in wide. 2013 TOURING Diamond pear white.

·
Registered
854 Posts
@golftango yes I did call honda corporate they told me they can't do anything since it's out of their warranty coverage which is 3yr or 36,000miles. ? ? ?
Okay, so I think the next logical step is a class action lawsuit. The members on here, Ridgeline forums, etc, need to collaborate and get an attorney involved to get the ball rolling. Maybe contact the attorney listed here to see what your recourse is. The issue is widespread, so I can't fathom why a CAL wouldn't be appropriate.

http://files.courthousenews.com/2012/07/27/HondaCA.pdf

41 - 60 of 92 Posts