Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm a 2015 Pilot owner and I'm worry about the oil consumption because between the normal oil change my pilot "loose" oil (I do not How..because no leak, no engine problem) and i need to add almost 1 quart every 1000 miles aprox.
Somebody have the same situation????
By the way..only 37,800 miles

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi guys. I'm a 2015 Pilot owner and I'm worry about the oil consumption because between the normal oil change my pilot "loose" oil (I do not How..because no leak, no engine problem) and i need to add almost 1 quart every 1000 miles aprox.
Somebody have the same situation????
By the way..only 37,800 miles
That's much higher than average (especially for such low total miles) and right on the borderline where Honda will typically attempt some kind of fix if you're still under warranty (which you still should be - the powertrain warranty is 5-yr/60K miles).

If there is no leaking, then it is being burned in the engine, usually due to poor ring sealing or valve guide sealing. Both are fixable, but the repairs are invasive and expensive, so if you were out of warranty, I'd just live with having to add oil a few times between changes and hope the high oil consumption doesn't cause issues with spark plug fouling, cat contamination, etc. But since you're under warranty, I'd talk to the dealer. Having good records over a long period of time will help your case. They may want to seal the dipstick and have you bring the car back several times to monitor the consumption.

Good luck.

- Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
OMG ! A quart every 1,000 miles? Live with it? Hell No! My 2005 would only start to use some after 5,000 when it started getting dirty. And that was after 120,000. My 2015 stays within the dip stick marks till oil change is due. Currently at 80,000.
Hope you have maintenance records and get this corrected asap. At that rate, why do oil changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts