Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My wife and I recently acquired a pre-owned 2015 Honda Pilot Touring. It's been a real pleasure and we really like the added utility over our Civics. At any rate, with the winter season coming soon, I was thinking about purchasing separate rims and winter-specific tires for it. It currently has the factory 18" alloy rims for the Touring trim.

I was thinking about saving some coin by purchasing the factory 17" alloys from the 2009-2012 years but most of the compatibility charts are saying these are NOT compatible with the 2015 model year. The have the same number of bolt holes (5), bolt pattern (120 mm), offset (45 mm), etc. so I'm at a loss why these charts are saying they are incompatible. None of the rims I looked at come with TPMS or center caps either but I can't see that being the reason why they're deemed incompatible.

Can anybody confirm? Has anybody purchased winter tires for their Pilots? Or is the 18" rims with name-brand, all-season rubber OK for New England winters?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Unless the caliper is larger I don't see why it wouldn't work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi cintocrunch. That's a good observation. I have to think all trims from all years have the same calipers, hubs, and related hardware but you never know. I'll do some more research. If I chose to get a second set of wheels and winter tread I may end up going with the trim-specific 18" rims/tires.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
My wife and I recently acquired a pre-owned 2015 Honda Pilot Touring. It's been a real pleasure and we really like the added utility over our Civics. At any rate, with the winter season coming soon, I was thinking about purchasing separate rims and winter-specific tires for it. It currently has the factory 18" alloy rims for the Touring trim.

Has anybody purchased winter tires for their Pilots? Or is the 18" rims with name-brand, all-season rubber OK for New England winters?
Does your Pilot have AWD/4WD?
Is this NH as in Portsmouth, or NH as in the White Mountains?
Or, maybe you live near the coast but drive to ski country on the weekends?
Have you been putting winter tires on your Civics?

What is your typical annual mileage?
Whats the average length of your daily drive?
How well are the local roads cleared and treated in the winter?
Can you stay at home when driving conditions are particularly hazardous?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ran 17" OEM steel rims with Blizzaks for the winter on my 2015 Honda Pilot.
I now run them on my 2017 Honda Pilot for winter and my 20's for summer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran 17" OEM steel rims with Blizzaks for the winter on my 2015 Honda Pilot.
I now run them on my 2017 Honda Pilot for winter and my 20's for summer.
That looks like a good idea but I hate the look of the 17" factory steelies. Hopefully the 17" aluminum alloys also fit.

Still up in the air about getting separate tires for the winter with a 4WD vehicle. It's my first. I've owned FWD and RWD vehicles before and the winter-specific tires were great.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Pull the 2015 XL model ..it comes standard with 17 alloys .. use that as a reference and go from there ..should not have nay issues with those .. I was looking at the same since i want BFG AT's but I cannot find a size suitable in 18's for my winter stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. When shopping, I noticed sellers are saying the rims are either 115 mm or 120 mm bolt patterns. Does anyone know for fact what bolt pattern the 2015 Honda Pilot touring is? The offsets are all 45 mm so they're consistent with that characteristic.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts