Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone is experiencing a mild roar/vibration at cruising Spd that starts around 60 mph but when you accelerate it goes away. Not violent or loud at all, just very annoying know that I have a problem that I can't identify with. I am leaning towards centershaft "rubber" bearing at the driveline, or something like a old school pinion bearing. I would appreciate any help as it gets a little worse with each passing month....We really have had very little problem however I do a lot of preventive maintenance as well as service it my self since I grew up in a Service Station as a kid... Most wouldn't understand that statement "service station",, Lol....:pThx TA

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Just to test the theory, the shaft can be removed, turning your vehicle into a 2wd. If the vibration is gone then you have the answer.
There is also a bearing in the transfer case.

Reactions: TEA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to test the theory, the shaft can be removed, turning your vehicle into a 2wd. If the vibration is gone then you have the answer.
There is also a bearing in the transfer case.
good point,, I can manipulate the sound with the accelerator at high speeds, that makes sense, I will try that,,thank you... I keep forgetting its a fwd with a shaft for rear... its the little things..haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts