Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best spark plugs ? I can put in OEM but i'd rather put in something that costs a bit more and gets better performance.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,820 Posts
I’d stick with OEM. I highly doubt you will get increased performance if you try anything else.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
If you don’t have the owners manual in the glove box go to this site. Check the specification section for the spark plug model number to use.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
These are the only three kinds of plugs I'd put in my Honda. NGK Ruthenium HX is about $4 lower in price right now than the other two on my list.
NGK Laser Iridium (OE)
Part # 92924
Or
NGK Ruthenium HX
Part # 96358
Or
Denso Iridium Long Life
Part # 3483

All other NGK or Denso part #s that fit a 2015 Pilot will not last as long. The Ruthenium plugs I have installed are performing well, but to say they will go the 100k mile distance is still to be seen. NGK claims they will. The proven best plug is the (OE) Original Equipment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are the only three kinds of plugs I'd put in my Honda. NGK Ruthenium HX is about $4 lower in price right now than the other two on my list.
NGK Laser Iridium (OE)
Part # 92924
Or
NGK Ruthenium HX
Part # 96358
Or
Denso Iridium Long Life
Part # 3483

All other NGK or Denso part #s that fit a 2015 Pilot will not last as long. The Ruthenium plugs I have installed are performing well, but to say they will go the 100k mile distance is still to be seen. NGK claims they will. The proven best plug is the (OE) Original Equipment.
I went with the 93175 . I got a good deal, and read good reviews on them . I need something today as 2 of the plugs are real bad.

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
I went with the 93175 . I got a good deal, and read good reviews on them . I need something today as 2 of the plugs are real bad.
Yep,
Sorry, I hate to be critical, but Iridium IX are the exact plugs I would not install in my vehicle.
Your OP is contrary to what you bought.
I'd lightly brush off my old plugs untill I got one of the three I listed above.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Honda dealer (most expensive option) or auto parts store should have the OEM plugs in stock today if you need them ASAP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts