Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2014 Trailer lights

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  mt hwy 
#1 ·
Still working through my new purchase 2014, waiting for the S-VCM to arrive. Mean time, I need to tow occasionally. This is an AWD model, has a hitch receiver installed. To the left of the receiver is a blanked out plate area where the trailer light connector looks like it would go, I believe? Can't quite make sense of the owners manual for trailer lights. What I'm seeing is: behind left side rear bumper just above tailpipe is a termination of wires ending with a connector that looks like it has a connector cap snapped into it. Then inside vehicle, very back left cargo area there is a cargo storage area behind a plastic plate approx 10" in size - inside the back of that storage area is yet another plastic plate which when removed shows a metal box around 4"x5" - I haven't removed the metal cover from that, yet. Also, just forward of that storage area also in left rear cargo area is another plastic plate approx 4"x3" labeled 'AUX FUSE' - there appears to be some type of flat wire connector hanging in there. ....

I'd like to install the larger round style trailer light connector - I believe they are 7 wire or whatever they are, prefer not to install the older flat 4-wire ones.

Any thoughts on how I proceed ?? .. what are each of these places/wires ? Looking to do the trailer light hook up and install connector in that blanked out plate area next to receiver - if that's where it should go. Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
Ok, me again, I figured out there is a 'Towing' section on this forum, several hundred posts. I did wrestle with that cap on the connector harness behind the left rear bumper just because I figured that had to come off - didn't get it off, was afraid something was going to break. Seems like there is a Honda light kit, and something available from eTrailer.

Again, anyone have suggestions on what direction to take? Thanks

#5 ·
Hey thanks. Looks too easy, total plug and play. They were using a Curt product, I believe. Same install for a 7 wire? Does the Honda product require accessing the other panel and routing wires ? .. think I saw that on another post in the 'Tow' forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.