Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2104 Pilot (purchased may 31st 2015) has 168,000 miles on it and I have NEVER replaced the timing belt.

First of all, should I get it done now?

Second, I received a quote to have it done by my local Honda dealer for $920.00 + Tax, is that a good deal?

Thanks all for your help....

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,847 Posts
Yes and maybe.

Get it done NOW unless you prefer spending $6,000 to $8,000 for a new engine or about half that for a rebuild.

Make sure that they are replacing the timing belt, water pump, seals & belt tensioner along with a new serpentine belt and tensioner. If that is all included in that they quoted you it's a good price. If it's not then no because they will be cracking that engine open again to do some if not all the above mentioned parts.

Also you are past due for spark plugs if you haven't done them as well as having the lifters checked and adjusted if needed.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
My 2104 Pilot (purchased may 31st 2015) has 168,000 miles on it and I have NEVER replaced the timing belt.

First of all, should I get it done now?

Second, I received a quote to have it done by my local Honda dealer for $920.00 + Tax, is that a good deal?

Thanks all for your help....
Tow it to where ever you want it done.
Make sure every part is replaced:
Timing Belt
Tensioner
Tensioner Pully
Water Pump
Serpentine belt (No labor charge)
Serpentine belt tensioner (No labor charge)
Since the water pump change is going to cause a lot of your antifree to be drained. Have them replace all the antifreeze.
Seriously, get it done quickly.

Reactions: bdozer1965

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Have the spark plugs ever been changed?
Transmission serviced?
Brakes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts