Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to Pilot ownership and Piloteers. Just got a 2014, I believe EX-L, just starting the de-bugging process. Rear wiper arm is there without a blade assembly. There is a hook type catch, or keep, on the body of the lift gate - a piece of black plastic with an upward facing hook - I assume the arm or blade rests upon it when not in operation. I went to Walmart and got a Rain-x R-14-B wiper blade that does hook into the arm, but nothing that rests on that hook catch. There must be a missing part? Or does the correct replacement blade assembly have something that goes into the catch ... what am I missing??

Also, just noticed that front windshield washer barely works - sputters out drivers side, nothing out passenger side. Haven't even started to look at that - any tips on how I might proceed with that diagnosis/fix?

Thanks, nice to meet you all, mt hwy .. in Montana

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

This is why I've usually got the Honda insert or Honda rear blade, that's the only one I have found with the proper "catch" for the rear wiper arm so it stays off the paint. Genius little touch but it forces you to go OEM.

For your nozzle, most likely the detailer got a little overzealous with the buffer or the wax and got some up in the nozzle. Take a needle or paperclip and try pushing into the nozzle, possibly while someone else is forcing it to squirt. That should break up the plug of wax/polish if I'm correct. Otherwise I'd start at the nozzle and work my way back with the tubing to see where there is a partial clog.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
2015 Honda Pilot Ex-l 4wd modern steel metallic
106 Posts
2015 here but I've lost the wiper in car wash. So it sounds like I should just get the dealership one. Here's what I have left. Also is that arm a little off should it come down farther?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly what I was looking at too. Went to the local Honda dealer today, had to buy OEM wiper blade with catch molded onto it ($25). Hereafter, I assume to do just the old fashioned rubber 'insert' replacement. Previous owner must have just run that wiper worn out for a while, looks like the window is permanently scratched with a rainbow arc pattern. My brother says try super fine wet/dry paper, Bon Ami, and a buffing wheel .. ? .. maybe

Looked under front hood, the one washer spray nozzle was broken off where it plugged into the supply line, Honda dealer ($25). I think I saw online there may be aftermarket ones for around half that much, I wanted it today though. The other sputtering one I fixed by using fine wire and compressed air to clean it out - it worked!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts