Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Pilot is approaching 180k and I'm going to take it in for the timing belt and water pump service. To that I was going to add the timing belt tensioner and serpentine belt. In the last coupe of thousand miles I did oil/filter, air filter, spark plugs, ATF, power steering and diff fluids. I drive at least 30k miles a year and hope to get another 3-4 years out of it, is there anything else I should consider during this service? Thanks!

·
Registered
604 Posts
1. Is your VCM disabled? I know the 2014's seem to not be as affected as they are not part of the class action lawsuit, but plenty of 2014's have had the misfire and oil consumption. We I to want 3 years and 90k, I'd disable VCM. (Who am I kidding, I'd disable VCM for any reason, unless I was planning on selling it ASAP)

2. You technically aren't due for TB/WP service, if you had it done at 105k. It should be due again at 210k. Are you just being proactive?

3. You could consider a valve adjustment, especially if your valve covers are leaking, but that's likely optional.

4. I didn't see cabin filter in your list?

5. Brake fluid flush?

6. Heavily inspect the spool valve for oil leaks above and on to the alternator.

7. PCV?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply! 1. VCM is not disabled, no misfire and just slight oil consumption, so I have left it alone. 2. First TB/WP was completed around 90k, I have a coupe long road trips coming up and just want to get it out of the way. 3.I'll have to look into this a bit further 4. Cabin air filter was also just replaced. 5. Good call, I'll flush brake fluid. 6. Will do 7. Good idea, I'll do this myself.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply! 1. VCM is not disabled, no misfire and just slight oil consumption, so I have left it alone. 2. First TB/WP was completed around 90k, I have a coupe long road trips coming up and just want to get it out of the way. 3.I'll have to look into this a bit further 4. Cabin air filter was also just replaced. 5. Good call, I'll flush brake fluid. 6. Will do 7. Good idea, I'll do this myself.
You disable the VCM to prevent a problem, not to fix a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts