Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2014 Pilot Touring and since I bought it in January it's got a weird glitch. It doesn't matter but just annoying. I drive it everyday and have a new oem battery and no issues with starting or anything. About once a week or so the trip A along with the fuel economy auto resets. Any ideas?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Do you fuel up about once a week? There's a setting that will reset after each fuel up. You may need to change that.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Double-check the setting that BYUFAN mentions, making sure that it's not trying to reset on fueling. That setting affects the MPG reading only, IIRC. I have mine set so the MPG resets on fueling, but still need to manually reset the "trip A" counter.

·
Registered
2014 EX-L - Dark Amber Metallic
31 Posts
Double-check the setting that BYUFAN mentions, making sure that it's not trying to reset on fueling. That setting affects the MPG reading only, IIRC. I have mine set so the MPG resets on fueling, but still need to manually reset the "trip A" counter.
Thanks for your comment. I have not had a chance to read the entire user's manual cover to cover, so I had no idea that any settings like this existed. (y)

I think it would be great to be able to reset the mpg on refueling, and even one of the trip counters.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2012 Touring and fairly regularly when the tank gets to about half-full the trip odometer and associated items (trip mileage, MPG, MTE) resets. Many times it does not. I have had it to the dealer a number of times before the warranty ran out. “Could not replicate.” The best I can guess (assume) is with enough sloshing (going over bumps, uneven terrain) of the fuel in the tank there must be some sensor activated And the vehicle thinks it was refilled.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
There's a manual section called "Customized Features" that starts on page 90 in my MY2013 Owner's manual. The setting you are looking for is called "Trip A Info Reset" under "Meter Setup". Options: with REFUEL, MANUAL ONLY, IGN OFF. Per the manual, the default is MANUAL ONLY, so the system would need to have been set to "with REFUEL" on purpose at some point to get the erratic symptom you describe.

For some reason I was thinking that my average MPG was auto-resetting in refueling, while the Trip A odo required a manual reset. Not so... Per the Owner's Manual description, the MPG, elapsed time A, average speed A, all are reset with the Trip A odo no matter which method you have selected in the options menu.

For the vast majority of the driving we do, the elapsed time and average speed readings mean nothing. Perhaps on a multi fill-up travel day it would be interesting, but unless you write down the readings in a manual trip log at each fill-up, the readings don't bring much benefit. At least for us. YMMV of course.

*** If you haven't done so already, download the searchable indexed PDF version of your Owner's Manuals from Honda's customer care portal. Having them on computer plus phone means that a big space forward in the enter console can be used to store more trash and junk...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts