Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Pilot used about 3-5 months ago. I noticed the rear passenger TPMS was saying it was low. No problem, I added air and all seemed fine. for a week or so. Then the same wheel said it's low again. I did manual check with gauge,and it was low. So I added air again. Happened again. I brought to local dealer (non-honda) who I trust, and they said the tire had a pin hole, which they plugged. After a week or so the leak was back. So I just had both rear tires replaced yesterday, since they were on the way out anyway. Well, TPMS is still saying that same wheel is about 7-8 lbs. lower than the other 3. A manual air gauge check says they are all exactly the same psi. So question is what is going on with that one sensor?. The tire is new, but the TPMS reading is off. How do I avoid spending mucho $$$ at the dealer, and does anyone have any idea what the issue might be? Thanks so much. This forum is excellent!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
without spending money..ignore the warning on your dash ..or pickup a new sensor at rockauto they have them pretty cheap

Btw how many miles on your ride ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
without spending money..ignore the warning on your dash ..or pickup a new sensor at rockauto they have them pretty cheap

Btw how many miles on your ride ?
Thanks! Little over 100k miles. I'll look into the sensor replacement. (y)

·
Registered
478 Posts
See this video:
You might need to do the TPMS calibration if your car has the option.

If you still have the system with on-wheel sensors, a sensor battery may be getting low.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See this video:
You might need to do the TPMS calibration if your car has the option.

If you still have the system with on-wheel sensors, a sensor battery may be getting low.
Thank You! I will look into that info. I believe my 2014 Touring doesn't have a calibration option. But I'm still learning about my Pilot. I've only had it for several months.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
It doesn't that's for the 2016+ series

1 - 6 of 6 Posts