Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am debating on adding a bull bar or grille guard to my pilot touring. My question is this going to screw with my front parking sensors and front license plate? Any opinions and thoughts?
This is one that I was looking at as a possibility.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Hi I am debating on adding a bull bar or grille guard to my pilot touring. My question is this going to screw with my front parking sensors and front license plate? Any opinions and thoughts?
This is one that I was looking at as a possibility.
If you have sensors, adding a grille guard can interfere.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Thanks that's what I was afraid of. I didn't want to buy it and then just have them beep all the time lol.
It be a long and annoying shrill. It'd look cool though. You could always buy an LX or EX-L. 🤔

·
Registered
176 Posts
It will not interfere. Mine works perfectly fine with the OEM bumper trim and it looks like mine is bigger than yours...lol.. Honda Designed the Pilot to have the sensors work without this trim interfering with its performance. Also, page 365 in the manual shows an image of the area the front sensors cover and it appears to me that the bull bar will not interfere with the parking sensors.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,871 Posts
It will not interfere. Mine works perfectly fine with the OEM bumper trim and it looks like mine is bigger than yours...lol.. Honda Designed the Pilot to have the sensors work without this trim interfering with its performance. Also, page 365 in the manual shows an image of the area the front sensors cover and it appears to me that the bull bar will not interfere with the parking sensors.
View attachment 146777 View attachment 146778
I'm confused, where on the vehicle is the grill guard that looks like this? Not seeing it.

That is the grill guard the OP is wanting to install.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
I know a trailer hitch or basket installed near a rear sensor will be detected. If that metal grille guard is near a sensor on the front, I dont see how it be any different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 146777 View attachment 146778
I am new to this website and forum.What year is your pilot? I have been trying to find a crome grille a 2008 . Any suggestions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts