Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
88,913 miles
Oil change/filter - Mobil1 0w20 and Mobil1 filter
Tranny fluid change - Valvoline MaxLife synthetic
Transfer case fluid change - Mobil1 75-90 synthetic
Rear differential fluid change - Honda VTM diff fluid
Air filter - EPauto off Amazon
Cabin filter - EPauto

Overall, it was a good experience, this being a new vehicle for me. I used a large, long funnel to reach the oil fill hole without taking off some of the plastic engine trim. Oil filter is in a decent spot and doesn’t drip too much over the frame when removed.
The transmission fill bolt was very tight as I have read about, but my 1/2” breaker bar had no problem getting it loose. I did stack a bigger funnel on top of a smaller funnel to put the tranny fluid back in. A rigged up funnel with a piece of tubing would work too.
The transfer case is super easy to drain and fill. I used a small pump that screws onto the top of a standard gear oil bottle to fill it and the rear diff.
The real diff is a pain just because you have to take the spare tire down to get to both plugs. I used an empty gear oil bottle and the same pump to fill the rear diff...... just filled the bottle with the Honda VTM fluid. Also, after filling the rear diff, I put the fill plug back in and drove down the street and back, took off the fill plug and got probably another 1/4 of a bottle in the rear diff. I read somewhere that helped get the fluid settled throughout and it clearly works.

Tranny plug before and after:

Tranny fluid:

Transfer case fluid:

Rear differential fluid:

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Nice! We are at 50k so I'm about to do all of these as well... this will be the second tranny drain and fill for the vehicle. I do choose to go through the dipstick, maybe I'm just to stubborn but this way works fine for me, even if it takes a little longer.

Reactions: Farnsrocket
1 - 2 of 2 Posts