Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife's Pilot has 165K on it and the front end starting to feel loose.

Is there a list or recommended items to replace (bushings, LCA, etc) to tighten it up.

The dealer also told me that her spool valve was leaking and it had to be replaced as well as the alternator as its leaking onto the alternator. Any truth to this? Have a 700 mile drive coming up and would rather have the items done before I go if thats the case.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,571 Posts
Wife's Pilot has 165K on it and the front end starting to feel loose.

Is there a list or recommended items to replace (bushings, LCA, etc) to tighten it up.

The dealer also told me that her spool valve was leaking and it had to be replaced as well as the alternator as its leaking onto the alternator. Any truth to this? Have a 700 mile drive coming up and would rather have the items done before I go if thats the case.

Thanks.
Replace the spool valve before it causes the alternator to fail. If it hasn’t failed, don’t replace it. Those spool valves are a common failure.

I don’t know how the roads are around you, but it’s possible some of the suspension components are starting to wear out. You could get everything refreshed for maybe less than $1,000 or you can drive it like it is. It’s not dangerous and won’t cause any issues on your upcoming road trip. It’s also possible it just needs an alignment.

So definitely get the spool valve done but hold off on the alternator because if it’s not showing signs of failure you may have caught it before it’s too late.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace the spool valve before it causes the alternator to fail. If it hasn’t failed, don’t replace it. Those spool valves are a common failure.

I don’t know how the roads are around you, but it’s possible some of the suspension components are starting to wear out. You could get everything refreshed for maybe less than $1,000 or you can drive it like it is. It’s not dangerous and won’t cause any issues on your upcoming road trip. It’s also possible it just needs an alignment.

So definitely get the spool valve done but hold off on the alternator because if it’s not showing signs of failure you may have caught it before it’s too late.
Thanks...doesnt need alignment, but isnt as 'tight' as it was. Will get spool valve replaced. Anything worth replacing when the spool valve comes out to save on the labor time.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,571 Posts
Thanks...doesnt need alignment, but isnt as 'tight' as it was. Will get spool valve replaced. Anything worth replacing when the spool valve comes out to save on the labor time.
Other members may chime in but I don’t think there’s anything else to replace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts